Thursday, October 18, 2012

So long Charter!

"I'm going to reach in there and slap her in the face.  I can do that with this new U-verse, right?"

I said as the person on The Food Network show was annoying me.

So we finally got rid of Charter.  U-verse is finally in our area and we have actual TV channels again.  Granted, it's only for 30 days (free trial) because we aren't paying $70 for TV, but we'll be able to watch The Cardinals as they (hopefully) make it back to The World Series.  I'm a very fickle sports fan.  I follow the St. Louis teams only when they are doing something good.  I really can't tolerate baseball beyond that.  The games are too long and too boring.

I have to just say, I love my family.

I mean...I REALLY love my family.

Kris and Katherine were having a discussion this evening.

Kris asked Katherine to do him a huge favor.


When he asked her to plug his phone into the charger, she questioned why he called that a HUGE favor.  She's a really smart kid, and a smart aleck, like her mother.  So she was giving Kris a hard time.

So I was watching the ball game and talking to Kaleb about being bullied at school.  All of a sudden, I hear Kris say, "Hey Katherine, can you do me a tiny favor and build me a house?"

I rolled my eyes at Kris' lack of a sense of humor.  Did I mention I love him anyway?

I thought that was it the last I would hear of it.

But several minutes later, Katherine walks out of Olivia's room carrying a toy dollhouse.  She set it down on Kris' lap and said, "Here's your house I built for you."

It is one of those that unlocks and opens up.  She said "Look I'll un-build it."  She opened it up and then closed it, to show Kris how she could rebuild it.  She is a very clever girl!!

Things like this are just reminders of how blessed I am, and how grateful I am that God healed my heart and brought my family together.  How He rebuilt what I had torn down.

Ashes to beauty indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment