Saturday, October 6, 2012

Why is the bacon gone?

I feel as if I should do a parody of the Pirates of the Caribbean parody "Why is the Rum Gone?" to talk about this impending bacon shortage.

What will this mean?

It means I will be sad.

Or I will be willing to pay obscene amounts of money from my new job (I GOT THE JOB!) so that I can continue to consume this delectable treat!

Do you know that my soon-to-be 12 year old daughter loves bacon as much as I do?  Want proof?  Livvy has this "Headbands" game and Kat came out the other day like this:



Today, I found her Facebook status had been changed to the following:

my birthday is in 6 days. i want some bacon! (hint: good birthday present)

She really is MY kid, isn't she?  Speaking of kids, I found these circulating on Facebook and couldn't help but share them.




I read an article about this supposed bacon shortage called "Start Hoarding Now: A Global Bacon Shortage Is Coming?"

In another article, entitled "Bacon shortage 'baloney,' but prices to rise" I found that we would certainly NOT run out of bacon.  It's just going to cost us more.

So, in honor of the upcoming rise in bacon prices, let us celebrate bacon today.  Because it deserves to be celebrated.  And because I'm in a mood to laugh.  Also, we should go buy some bacon.  NOW.  Katherine told me that with her birthday money she is going to buy some bacon.  And hide it from me.  When I asked her why she was going to hide it, she said "Because you'll eat it all!"






This one is for my husband!
Love this one!



And my personal favorite and mantra in life:


No comments:

Post a Comment