Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random...it's all random

While brushing our teeth this morning, I found myself reflecting on all of those old TV shows (and some new ones) that show couples brushing their teeth together.  Kris was brushing his teeth.  I was brushing mine.  So, in between brushes and with a mouth full of foaming toothpaste, I said "We're like those couples on TV who brush their teeth together."

He responded, mouth full of toothpaste as well, with "We don't have two sinks."

I ammended my statement to "We're like those POOR couples on TV who brush their teeth together!"


Just some of the random and funny conversations Kris and I have.

I am still here.  Don't worry!  I haven't fallen off into depression.

I've just been participating in the Christian Marriage Blogger's Association 1/2 Marathon on my other blog, so that has been consuming a lot of my time.  Writing, reading the other posts.  It has really been encouraging to read all of these posts about marriage and connect with others passionate about making their marriages (and helping others) work.

As of yesterday, the company I interviewed with (twice) last week still had not made a decision.  I am hoping to hear something tomorrow.

If I don't get this job, I'm going to seriously start writing a book.  Fiction, non-fiction, who knows.    What do you think?  Dare I?  It'll give me something to do right now to be productive.  I've been thinking about participating in the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for the first time.  It starts November 1, and it is an opportunity to work on writing for 30 days straight.  We'll see if I can commit to that.  I think it will depend on whether or not I have a new job...

Anyway...I'll check in and write here if I have a chance, but right now my focus is on Loving When It Hurts and this 1/2 marathon until October 13th.  Feel free to check it out there and see what's been going on. Today I wrote about Hosea and Gomer.  I wasn't planning to, but I guess God had other plans.  Like usual.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment