Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas shopping

As my kids get older, it is more difficult to shop for them for Christmas.  Kaleb is easy.  He said he wanted cash.  DONE.  I'm contemplating getting some small, different-sized, gift boxes from the dollar store and wrapping up dollar bills.  I think he'd get a big kick out of that.  And if trying to shop for the kids wasn't hard enough, Kris wants some $50 Wii games.  Well here's the problem with that.  We should have enough money set aside by the time Christmas rolls around for the kids.  But Kris and I will have to use our own spending money this year on each other because, well the money is just not anywhere else in the budget.  And everything he wants is expensive.  Well, I'm not rolling in the money.  I don't just have hundreds of dollars to use on him for Christmas.  In fact, I'm pretty selfish and I'm not looking forward to having very little spending money, but I like to give gifts, so I think it'll be worth it.  Maybe.  :-)

I love Christmas!!  I love giving gifts, as I mentioned above.  I love Christmas music.  And I love Veggie Tales.  Yes, as a 31 year old woman, I LOVE Veggie Tales!  So I was thrilled when I saw a friend tell another friend on Facebook about getting a Veggie Tales Christmas album for free on Amazon.com.  So, I don't know how long it will last (I did it about 30 minutes ago), but if you are interested, go to Amazon.com and look up The Incredible Singing Christmas Tree.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, I love amazon.com There is an entire section with free mp3's.
    Secondly, I didn't know this was on there so thanks. I love Christmas music too.
    Thirdly, why do guys request such expensive gifts? I asked Alvin what he wanted he listed three games, two of which are fifty dollars and the other is a hundred. He also listed a TV.... ugh he is going to be disappointed this year.

    ReplyDelete