Sunday, November 21, 2010

Never enough time

It's driving me nuts that I never have the time to write like I used to, or like I want to. Some days I am so exhausted by the end of the day that the last thing I want to do is write. It's now Sunday morning and I SHOULD be getting ready for church. Yet here I sit, taking a few moments to post a few updates.

On the church front, I have been trying out a different church. I LOVE it! Thanks to my parents, we were able to put the kids in Awanas on Tuesday nights there. And then while Kris is at a men's Bible study, I have been attending a community group. The people are amazingly nice and have made me feel at home there.

Katherine and Kaleb are FINALLY interested in playing basketball! SO.EXCITED. I love basketball. Kaleb has played soccer, and I'm so NOT a soccer mom! No other sport interests me like basketball. Perhaps it's because I was raised in Indiana, and it just makes sense that I would love basketball. Perhaps it's because basketball is just so much more exciting than soccer or (dare I say this in St. Louis) baseball! Either way, I get to watch my kids learn the game and hopefully have a lot of fun. Abbey, who isn't quite old enough yet, has been wanting to play basketball for a couple of years. She'll get to join the crowd next year, once she hits third grade. I'm excited to see if the kids "take" to it!

I've been keeping it somewhat quiet, because I seem to fail so often, but I am doing Weight Watchers again. And guess what?!? Kris is doing it with me! He's not a heavy guy really, but he has put on some weight and HE isn't happy about it. So he has finally agreed to give it a try with me. It makes a HUGE difference. He's much more disciplined than I am, and he is helping me stay on track. I can lie to myself about what I've eaten, but not him. So I have hopes that this time around (just like every other time...) I will stick with it and see the success I saw after I had Olivia. The first week we were both down 2 lbs. We don't weigh in until Tuesday, so nothing is "official" until then, but I am currently down 6 lbs. in almost 2 weeks. We aren't paying for the program...I've done it so often in the past that I kinda remember. You know? And there are so many references out there to calculate the calories, fat and fiber that we have all the info we need. We even have this awesome Android app that does all the tracking for us. So I am hopeful that we can do this. I'll admit that Thanksgiving worries me. You combine Thanksgiving with my love for food...and well...it might be a little difficult. BUT...we have a plan and I think we'll be OK.

Well, that's all the updates for now. Hopefully I'll have some time to write this next week. I'm only working on Monday, then making the trek home to my parents' house, to make Thanksgiving dinner out there. Kat, Abbey and I will leave on Tuesday morning so we have time to get everything prepped and ready (and just to have some down time!). Kris, Kaleb and Olivia will come out with Kris' mom Wednesday evening.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I'm looking forward to the time off work, the food (OH THE FOOD!) and the fellowship with my side of the family.

1 comment:

  1. missed reading your updates...but I haven't blogged much either! My middle dd played b ball from K thru 2 years of college...and now my 7th grader has been playing for a few years! I love it! I hope your crew takes to it! Good luck on Weight Watchers and have a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete