Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yoga-not for the easily annoyed

My primary doctor's solution to my neck pain is to get this Yoga for Beginners video that focuses on yoga as a way to reduce stress and relax. Here's my problem. The first half of the video was advertisments for yoga magazines and healthy eating/living. And as I keep watching, waiting for my video on stress relief to start, I found myself getting more and more agitated and stressed out! How is that helpful?? Now the video is about to begin and I must now try to relax and see if yoga will be the magic healer for my non-stop neck pain. I am WAY too annoyed for this relaxing yoga video!! Now there is just some lady walking in the dessert and a voice-over talking about yoga and the divine and blah blah blah...just start the stress-relieving poses please! And she is now doing yoga poses...instead of showing me what to do. How is this helpful? I suppose putting the computer down and focusing on the stupid video might help...

You know what, I want to see a video of a fat girl doing yoga so that I don't have to be so self-conscious and feel completely incompetent since I cannot literally fold my body in half. Maybe this fat girl should create a yoga video for other fatties out there so we can feel better about our inability to realistically complete half of these poses. This is ridiculous. They aren't even telling me how to do it. What a waste of $10! The Wii Fit is more helpful in teaching me how to do yoga.

Oh...nevermind...15 minutes in I think the "instructor" is actually going to teach me something. Some lady is talking at me...I suppose I should stop blogging and listen. By the way...she's wearing some body suit thing from the 80's. Nice. You do NOT want to see me in one of those! In my yoga video, I am going to be wearing incredibly baggy sweats. No one needs to see all of this...

3 comments:

  1. I just go onto google videos and searched beginners video... i found one that was about forty mins long and was just two guys. It was pretty relaxing. I used to do it all the time, i might start back up. I always fell asleep at the end during the deep breathing. I would wake up and just go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith I find it disturbing that you are watching videos of TWO GUYS doing yoga. That just seems...wrong...especially after Kris and I learned there is a couples "spooning" pose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... they don't do couples things. lol... that would be disturbing

    ReplyDelete