Sunday, June 27, 2010

Who wants some fudge??

I hate making fudge.

It is time consuming and painful.

So I just refused to make it.

Until a few years ago.

I discovered a recipe online for microwave fudge. I had my doubts. Surely you can't make fudge in the microwave. At least, not fudge that looks and tastes like fudge. Boy was I wrong!

I am not sure why more people don't make their fudge this way. I'll be honest. The consistency/texture isn't exactly like what you may be used to, but it is fudge-like and tastes great! And with as easy as it is, why WOULDN'T you make fudge this way?

I don't have a picture. Primarily because I'm too lazy to go to the fridge and take a picture!

Ready for the recipe?

1 12oz package chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Pour chocolate chips and milk into microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add flavor of choice, pour into square pan and cool in fridge for 2-3 hours.

Possible flavors:

Amaretto
2 tsp almond extract (you can add 1/4-1/2 cup almonds if you want)

Mint
use mint chips in place of milk/semi-sweet OR 1-2 tsp mint extract

Almond Joy
1 tsp coconut extract, 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup chopped almonds

Strawberry/Orange/Cherry
2 tsp extract of choice

Walnut/Pecan
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Almond Joy is my favorite!

3 comments:

  1. I never would have thought of making fudge in the microwave. I may have to try the mint one soon, you know just to test it out.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. yum! This doesn't bode well with the fact that I was lamenting that my shorts were tight this morning... hmmm.... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmm, sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete