Friday, June 11, 2010

I haven't forgotten

I know it's been a while since I posted a "My Dirty Hair Days" update. It isn't because I gave in and started using 'real' shampoo and conditioner again. I just haven't had time. I am sitting here now with freshly washed (with baking soda/water) and conditioned (with water/vinegar) hair and once I dry it I will take some pictures and try to get a post up. I have now concluded my 6 week experiment-it officially ended on the 8th of June. It has been a great experience and while I haven't seen a dramatic improvement (like night and day type), the little things are enough, coupled with the money I'll save on shampoo and conditioner; I will continue this means of caring for my hair. I'd like to get to a point where my kids are using this method too...but right now it's just easier to use the store-bought shampoo and conditioner with them.

On another note, for the gazillionth time I have switched back to Weight Watchers. In the fall I lost 20 lbs. when I was diagnosed with Candida. I completely changed the way I eat and live and had never felt better. And then I just fell off the wagon. Actually, I'm pretty sure I jumped off of it! I'd get back on, for a few days here and there, but overall my cheating caused me to find half of those pounds again. So, with my new HTC Hero and the help of a FREE app that essentially has all the Weight Watcher tools right there at my fingertips, I have started WW again. I sound like an infomercial or something. So, here's to hoping that I can make this last and finally get the weight back off. I'm so fickle though. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself and my ability to be self-controlled and disciplined for a long period of time. That's not just based in low self-esteem (though I'm not denying that I struggle with that!). It's based on past experience and what I always do. It seems next to impossible to break that viscous cycle. And yes, I know that it is primarily from trying to do it on my own instead of trusting God. Another area I struggle...it's no wonder I don't experience lifelong success with my weight loss.

Kris and I are getting ready to head out of town yet again. This time the kids are going with us. We're headed out to Indiana for a family reunion. The kids are excited, which translates to horribly behaved. It has been a chaotic day, to say the least. We've had lying, screaming, revenge, hatred, and all kinds of other nonsense today. Needless to say, I haven't accomplished much actual work today and still need to get us packed. So I suppose I should get off of here and get to it.

2 comments:

  1. Indiana?!? Where in Indiana?!? You'll be in my neck of the woods!

    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi we're going to Martinsville, south of Indy. I think our reunion might be in Greenwood.

    ReplyDelete