Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sleep Paralysis in the Daytime?

Today is the first time I have had a panic attack in quite some time.  I think the enemy is playing with me.  I think he is trying to launch any attack at me that he can.  He doesn't like where I am headed.  He doesn't like where Kris and I are headed.  He wants to keep me down.  He wants to distract me from the fact that Kris and I are approaching SIX months of what we are calling "sobriety".  For both of us.  This is a HUGE deal!!

And I think that Satan knows it.

I think he knows that we are claiming victory over sin and walking in the light.

And he is NOT happy.

Today I started thinking, in the midst of the roiling in my stomach, that the sleep paralysis is somehow related to stress.  Some others have suggested that, and while I didn't feel anxious or stressed, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that it was manifesting itself through sleep for me.  And today, now that I've been sleeping better (4-5 hours at night anyway, with no nightmares) for the last few days, my stress of not having a job is turning into a full blown panic attack.  Which is ridiculous because I have NO doubt that God will provide for our needs, and don't feel 'stressed'.

Thank God (really, I'm praising Him!) for Kris.  I sent him a chat telling him I was feeling anxious. He left for lunch and called me, talked to me, and prayed for me.  And while I am still feeling anxious...

I am so blessed.

Some days I cannot believe how much God has done in our marriage, and in my heart personally over the last six months.  Some days I have no words.  Songs still come on and reduce me to tears.   And I welcome them, songs and tears alike.  I am still FEELING.

Everything.

I am still overwhelmed by God's love and goodness.

And His redemption.

As I sat here typing, this song was playing:



I love the lyrics to this song.

This is my prayer today-that I can rest in the comfort of God's arms and cast my cares on Jesus.

Because He cares for me.

------------------------

He became sin, who knew no sin
That we might become His righteousness
He humbled Himself and carried the Cross

Love so amazing
Love SO amazing

Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel

The rescue for sinners
The ransom from heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all

His body, the bread
His blood, the wine
Broken and poured out all for love
The whole earth tremble and veil was torn


Love so amazing
Love SO amazing

Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel

The rescue for sinners
The ransom from heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all


All our hope is in You
All our hope is in You
All the glory to You, God
The light of the world


Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel


The rescue for sinners
The ransom from heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all


2 comments:

  1. I am proud with the spiritual growth that I see in both you and Kris. God is so good. I was just stressing about no paycheck on the 31st. I need to rest in God's arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could all use some understanding of how to really rest in God's arms. It's easier said than done. I find that for me...music gets me as close as possible to doing this. You have to find what works for you. Maybe it's reading the Bible. Maybe it's prayer. For me...it's music. Praying you will really find that rest.

      Delete