Monday, August 13, 2012

Organized...who me? Warning *Mom blog*

I'm not the most organized person.

OK.

I'm not organized.

At all.

Unless I am at work.

But I don't have a job right now.

So it was shocking even to me when I took out the dry erase board Kris had downstairs and starting marking on it.  With dry erase markers.  Want to see what I did???

Now, before I show it to you and you make fun of me and my crooked lines, keep in mind that I am LEFT-handed and I had to work from right to left.  By the way, thanks to my friend Jaime, I now am privileged to know that today is Left Handers Day.  Raise a glass to left-handed people everywhere.  I am currently accepting QT gift cards and/or job offers making $11/hour or more.

With that being said, keep in mind that a feat like this is next to impossible for a left-handed person.  But, because we are left-handed, WE can do anything we set our minds to.  Perhaps that is also why I am so determined.  W. C. Fields said "If the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, then left-handed people must be the only ones in their right minds."

Ta da!


So...the idea behind this is that the kids will start earning their computer time.  Last year, we had a rule.  No computer on school days.  But since then, Katherine has really started emailing her friends and well, we thought we would take a different approach.  It was mainly Kaleb's idea and I figured out the details.

At the beginning of the week, they will start with 30 minutes.  If they do not get in ANY trouble at school, they will earn 15 minutes for the day.  They can only use their earned minutes in 15 minute increments.  Then after 15 minutes are up, they have to ask if they can use more-and we can decide depending on what we have going on whether or not they can use more.

They can LOSE minutes too.  Abbey lost 10 minutes today because of different "attitude" problems we were having.  The check marks at the bottom will start over each day.  They can earn 'bonus' minutes-either from school or from me and Kris.  And if they make POOR choices at school, they will also lose minutes.  At the end of the week (Sunday night), if they have minutes left, they will get a penny for each minute unused.

That's the plan anyway.

Do you and your family do anything similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment