Sunday, August 26, 2012

Feelings

As I looked over at my husband last night, my eyes filled with tears. So many thoughts were going through my head.

I love that man.

I'm so happy.

I'm so glad I came home.

I'm glad I chose to fight for my marriage.


I know that he loves me.

Like REALLY loves me.

Like God loves me.

I was feeling very nostalgic last night. And just replaying these last six months and how far God has brought us.

I was feeling one of the most basic emotions.

Happy.

It's a feeling that comes and goes. In years past, it has been a feeling that was fleeting. In marriage, it comes and goes as well. But last night, was one of those rare occasions when I looked at Kris and I took it all in.

I took in the pain we had caused one another.

I took in the joy we both now have, being free from the bondage and shackles that sin had us entangled in.

I took in the depth of Kris' love for me, and marveled at the fact that my love for him was immensely deep.

I took it all in and that happiness was surrounded with thankfulness as well.

We would not be the couple we are today if God had not snatched us up out of slavery and carried us (there may have been a little kicking and screaming) HOME.

And if there is any place I love being, it's HOME.

Kris came over to me, as I wept. I'm sure like most men he was like "What the...???"

But a good man will do what Kris did. Sit down beside me. Rest my head in the crook of his arm. And hold me. And love me. Not fully understanding the broad range of emotions a woman can go through in the course of any given moment, he just chose to be by my side. And I love him for it.

Tonight, it was a completely different ballgame. Proof that a woman's emotions can change on a whim.

All day long I have been in a "leave me the heck alone" kind of mood. I've been exhausted and cranky, to put it mildly. Swinging from mood to mood is not my idea of a good time! But I'm still just rolling with it, asking forgiveness of anyone that has been on the receiving end of my hostility.

That's really all I have to say tonight. Oh one last thing...

I do have another job interview tomorrow afternoon. It's for another call center-the one I had the phone interview for last week. They at least liked me enough to have me come in for a face to face. So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Wish me luck, pray, whatever it is you do for your family and friends. It's all appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, also...the winning "Name the Workshop" title is: "Loving When It Hurts"

Thanks for all the help!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you babe. I really do love you and am consistently filled with gratitude that the Lord brought you back to me and has made our marriage more fulfilling than I ever dreamed possible.

    ReplyDelete