Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I am SO glad that I did NOT make a new year's resolution to blog more.  I would have totally failed.  Though some of you may be rejoicing!

A lot has happened.

I'm now a Spanish teacher.  It was quite sudden.  I've had two classes so far and have my third tomorrow.  I am VERY excited about this and it's been so fun to get back into the language again.  Makes me remember how much I loved it!  The kids seem to be taking well to me; at least, that is my perception.  I could be totally off base and they could think I'm a raving lunatic!  But I'll continue to live in the world I've built in my head.  It's quite lovely there.  When it isn't crazy or scary.  I teach middle school kids on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.  Starting next week, I'll add enrichment classes on Monday (K-2nd) and Thursday (3rd-5th).  It feels SO good to be doing something productive again!  Outside of the house.  I think it'll be the boost I need to bring in some money in some other areas of my life.  The best thing is that I am teaching at my kids' school and they will be able to take the classes too.  They have been wanting me to teach them Spanish for YEARS and while I am nowhere NEAR fluent, I know enough to teach those who have little to no knowledge of the language.  I'm hoping that next semester I can add a third day in for enrichment, for those who took the intro class the first 6 weeks, should they want to continue and learn more.

Little Bishop Creations is still going strong!  I've completed my first two orders, and will complete the next two tomorrow.  You have two more days to take advantage of my buy 2, get 1 free sale, combined with the discounted price of $6/kid and $8/adult.  Starting January 21, they will still be discounted, but not buy 2 get 1 free.  On February 1, the prices will go up to their original starting price, which is $8/kid and $10/adult.  I do know that if you are interested in Valentine's Day headbands, those will be on sale between January 21 and February 10.  I cannot wait to find a salon or shop to put these in and hopefully get some more exposure!  Please go like my page on Facebook so that I can get to 100 and give away a free headband!

No comments:

Post a Comment