Tuesday, September 10, 2013

They're Not So Little Anymore

It was a year or so ago that I realized, with horror, that I had to stop calling my children the Little Bishops.  The kids likely would have not groaned in embarrassment if I had stopped years ago.  But it's my job to embarrass them, right?

But then this odd thing happened.  I woke up one day to find that they weren't so little anymore.  They had become preteens!  And so I see this and I think "What have I gotten myself into?"

I had grown accustomed to quoting my hilarious kids on Facebook, and it gave me an excuse to avoid this.  While there were no bad memories associated with the blog itself, in my mind it represented a time in my life that I am not proud of.  I needed some distance.  But I MISS this blog.

As life continued around us, and my kids have not stopped being hilarious, I found myself feeling nostalgic as I thought about the temporarily abandoned "Little Bishop Chronicles."  This led me to a frantic redesign and an updated blog title, more appropriately named to describe this crazy life that threatens to pass me by.  I wanted to once more share the funny stories and rant about the things that drive me crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment