Monday, September 16, 2013

Best. Birthday. Ever.

Olivia has spent the last year or more enjoying one "Best Day Ever!" after another.  I can't even recall the number of times I have heard her exclaim "Best Day Ever!"  Every time it cracks me up.  She's always making me laugh.

Today she gets the spotlight once more, as I share with you how we celebrated her 8th birthday yesterday.


Over the weekend, Katherine and I went shopping for Olivia, and I found the perfect card for Olivia.  

When I saw that card, I just knew I had to get it.  And I knew that Olivia would understand.  You see, her two favorite words right now seem to be "creepy" (or a form of it) and "disturbing."  Something is always creeping her out.  She seems so small, much too young to be describing things that way, so when she says it, it makes me laugh.

And she did not disappoint yesterday upon seeing her card (the eyes move).


Each year, my kids (and Kris) get to choose what they want for dinner on their birthday, and what kind of cake they want.  When Olivia told me what she wanted, I responded (in typical Olivia fashion) with "Easiest birthday dinner ever!"


When Cindy came over last night for our fancy dinner and brought Livvy a present, I couldn't help but comment on the fact that she had used paper towel in place of tissue paper.  She gave us some lame excuse for using the paper towel but I didn't buy it.  Livvy wasn't around when I was giving Cindy a hard time, so it was quite amusing to hear her reaction when she opened first Cindy's gift, then consequently her great aunt and uncle's gift.


Each year, I worry that the kids will stop being funny.  Olivia has shown me that even at 8 years old she is still hilarious.  There's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment