Wednesday, November 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo Winner

Well, my first ever novel just hit its climax and I can happily say that I am a 2012 NaNoWriMo winner!  I finally have a real title for my novel, and a short synopsis.  I'm pretty excited about it, even though it took a turn I never would have expected.  Livvy threw up at school yesterday, and so I took advantage of the fact that my boss let me off work today to stay home with her (that lame 24 hour rule...) and I hit 50,000 words.  I actually exceeded it, as the picture below will show.

I'll say this.  For years, I have wanted to be a writer.  I've had grand dreams of actually writing a book some day.  I always imagined it would be non-fiction, believing that real life was all I knew how to write.  Until I decided on November 1st to try to write a novel in a month, I never knew I had it in me to write a fictional book.

Now, 28 days later, I am almost done!  Granted, there is still writing the ending, editing the entire thing, and a lot of work soliciting editors if I actually want to get it published someday.  But I have a HUGE start!  I am excited and proud of myself for sticking with it.

This entire process has been eye-opening.  I have ideas for two other novels, and want to finish this one and start another!  But, one book at a time.  I'm thankful that I hit the NaNo goal of 50,000 words within the 30 days allotted and can't wait for Camp NaNoWriMo to start the second novel.




So, all of that to share with you my novel's name (which I finally decided on today) and the synopsis I wrote for it.  Let me know what you think.

Would you be enticed to read it?

The title of the book is "Saving Jacob."  Here is the synopsis:

"Tragedy is no stranger to Jacob Sullivan.  Loss has been his constant companion.  When his wife Hannah dies suddenly, leaving him alone to raise their five year old daughter Lily, surviving may prove to be too much for Jacob.  As he embraces the darkness of pain and grief, a battle rages around him.  The discovery of a sword, purchased by Hannah Sullivan over eight years before Lily's birth, will change everything.  Will Lily have the strength needed to fight?  Can she save Jacob before it is too late?"

1 comment:

  1. I would totally read it. It sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete