Friday, November 4, 2011

Jobless and still not writing

I really thought that once I wasn't working, I'd blog every day.  I mean...I am SO interesting.  Who wouldn't want to read this EVERY day??

Almost 3 months later, and I seem to be blogging LESS.  The only thing I have consistently done is cook dinner.  Sure, we've had a couple cereal or Eggo waffle nights, but I've done some serious cooking and baking over the last 2 1/2 months...and because I'm also not eating out all the time, I've been losing weight too, a little at a time.

So much is going on...little things and big things.  Doctor appointments about. Now, I have to find an orthopedic surgeon to take Abbey to because, for the second time in her life, she has a broken collarbone.  Same side, same place.

Poor girl!  I wish I could find the picture of her in her Snoopy sling from when she was just a toddler with  a broken collarbone.  It was pathetic and cute at the same time.  

Halloween has come and gone.  Kaleb has found his new passion - film making.  A friend of ours has been helping him, and after our participation in the National Film Challenge a couple of weeks ago, Kaleb has really taken an interest.  I still don't know if I can give out the link for you to see the film we were a part of, but as soon as I have permission, I'll put a link on here for "Dinner Time".  I'm in it, along with Katherine and Kaleb.  Now Kaleb is almost done "filming" scenes to begin editing for his own first movie, called "Halloween Wishes", which I also had to be in.  At least the roles I get cast for are true to who I am...a mean, sarcastic mother.

Kris and I will be attending the "Weekend to Remember" marriage conference in STL this weekend.  I'm sure it will be good for us.  Things like this make me nervous though.  Conference, retreat...those words evoke panic in me...because I envision large crowds of people I don't know, sitting way too close to me.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun on your marriage retreat/conference this weekend. It's amazing how time flies no matter what. When I switched from working full-time to part-time, I thought I would have so much time to blog (among other things) but now I find that I still don't have enough time...Somehow your days end up getting filled in other ways. At least your days are filled with cooking healthy meals for your family and doing things for your kids...I'd prefer that to going to work any day :) Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how WAS the marriage retreat? We've got a place around us that does that. I'm always tempted to sign up but never really sure what I'd be signing up for!

    My, my with poor little Abbey! I hope she is doing okay now...

    ReplyDelete