Sunday, November 20, 2011

They took my uterus!

So many things have happened in the last couple of weeks.  Let's see, after the needle through the finger debacle, I had out patient surgery to remove a sebaceous cyst from my chest.  It was basically a large mass of oil build up that had become infected.  Nothing cancerous or anything.  I will say that it HURT after for almost a week and it was in a most inconvenient place.  My friends on Facebook didn't really like that I chose to post a picture of it, so I won't torture you with it now.  Fortunately for them, I spared them the picture of my uterus, which was my next surgery.

Last Tuesday, I had a hysterectomy.  Just the uterus and cervix were removed...so I still have my ovaries (which I swear hurt)...so NO, I am not on hormone replacement therapy.  I'll still go through the horrors that are PMS each month, until my body naturally decides to go through menopause, at which point I am praying they have some faux estrogen filled medication I can take that doesn't cause blood clots,  Because otherwise, I may have to seclude myself during the entire menopausal phase of my life.  For the protection of everyone around me.

So, I'm taking it easy.  Can't lift anything over 10 lbs for four weeks.  Kris isn't too happy I moved my empty bread machine the other day.  He seems to think that it weighs more than 10 lbs, but it didn't FEEL too heavy to me when I moved it.  My ob/gyn told me that a gallon of milk weighs 8 lbs.  Can you believe that?  One of his patients told him that, and he didn't believe them, so he went home and weighed a gallon of milk.  Sure enough, 8 lbs.  I made 4 qts of koolaid today and moved that to the fridge.  When I told Kris it seemed heavier than a gallon of milk, he frowned at me and seems to think that it weighed OVER ten lbs. I'm having him weigh it now...

And the answer is...

10.4 lbs.

Well...it seems that it wasn't TOO much over.  Though Kris still contends that .4 lbs is still TOO much over 10 lbs.  Whatever...

Just a few more weeks and my stitches should be all healed up and I can start lifting whatever I want without thought.  I will say, I catch myself starting to pick something up and then think "Wait...there's no way that's less than 10 lbs."  Laundry baskets, for instance.  Thank goodness I don't do laundry anyway!  It's great to have kids old and strong enough to switch loads!  And fold and hang their own clothes. That is pretty awesome!  One of the benefits of them growing up.

I can drive whenever I want, which is nice...so long as I am not on any narcotics.  Fortunately, the pain isn't bad enough for me to need the prescribed narcotics so those are being saved for special occasions.  Like Thanksgiving day after I've done all the cooking and my back is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment