Monday, August 15, 2011

Frustration

Technology is great, isn't it?

It can also be incredibly frustrating.

I keep taking my phone back to the Sprint store because it keeps having problems. And they keep doing a hard reset, even though I myself was doing a factory reset every week or so and still having problems. Saturday I took my phone back in. Because the phone decided to go crazy and just randomly change all my ring tones. So if I got a text message, it pulled some random song from my SD card, and played the entire song, until I picked up my phone and acknowledged the notification! And it changed my call ring tone to another random song. I reset them and then next day, they were changed again. This happened three times and I finally gave up and took the phone back in.

The guy up front that asked what I needed was a jerk. In my opinion. Anyone who treats me like I'm an idiot is a jerk in my book. I explained to him all the problems I was having. He went into one of my apps, then said "Show me how you get to the home screen." Now, take a look at this picture and tell me how YOU would get "home".

Would you NOT push the HOUSE?  To go home, push the house?  NO?  So I pushed that button and he immediately said "Well, that's your problem right there."  He proceeded to explain that if I didn't use the back button to exit every single program I used that it would slow my phone down because the programs were staying open.  I actually knew this.  But I had advanced task killer on there to shut down the programs quickly.  He told me they recommend people take that program off of their phones because it allows other programs to open.  OK...whatever.  In the last month and a half, whether I've had that program on my phone or not, it's still been messed up.  After two different factory resets that I did myself, I added NOTHING back to my phone.  And was still having issues with it.

Well, the jerk who also said "I'm just trying to educate you." (like I'm an idiot) sent me with a ticket to the lady who takes down the exact same info before handing my phone over to another person behind that service window.  I explain everything to her and she has my phone and is looking through it.  She asked "Has anyone ever shown you how to check your memory?"  I told her "no" and she told me that it was down to 24mb and they don't recommend you let it get below 70mb.  Do you think she showed me HOW to check my memory?  NO.  She did not.  Which is fine because I figured it out anyone.  And when you have at least 140 memory, why can you only use half of it?  What is the point of having that much?  I know that the phone has to have some memory just to run...but half of it???

Anyway...she went on to tell me that they would have to do another hard reset and would look at the phone, but basically if I add apps to my phone, or have any email on my phone, or link my contacts to Facebook and don't delete my call log and text messages regularly (which I already do) that I will continue to have problems.

I waited over an hour, then got my phone back.  Within 2 hours I got a "force close" message because of some error.  It's happened two other times since Saturday.  I have not linked my phone to Facebook.  I haven't installed any apps.  I delete my text messages and call log right away.  And I am still having problems. I know I have to just keep taking it back until they replace it but the whole process is frustrating.  I still can't upgrade to the Evo and I haven't won one yet...so I'm kind of stuck.  I just want them to replace my non-working phone with a working one.  That I can do the things I bought it for...oh like send text messages, make calls, check Facebook, add apps, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment