Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sewing project gone awry...part 1

First of all...wow...it's been a long time since I wrote.  Now I'm typing with a maimed finger, which I will tell you about shortly.

It all started just over three years ago...

Don't worry-I'll try to keep the three years brief!  ;-)

Abbey's birthday is October 17th.  I began a quilt for her just before she turned 6.  After finishing the top, and not in time for her birthday, in late October I began experiencing the first neck pain...what would end up being over 3 years of daily neck/back/shoulder pain.  So, I never got around to finishing her quilt.  Every now and then on a good day, I would make a little progress.  But I could never sew for more than an hour or so, and then I had to pay the price with an increase in pain.

But I am happy to report that on Friday, October 14, 2011, I FINALLY finished her quilt!  Just in time for her 9th birthday!






She loves it, of course.  It was only 3 years in the making!  Little did I know what would happen, just a few short days later...part 2 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment