Saturday, February 27, 2010

Insomnia

It's 3:30am and I cannot sleep. I laid down at midnight, stayed in bedfor about 30 minutes, and then headed out to the couch. I hate nights like this. It used to be that almost every night was like this. This is the first night in a long time that it has been this hard to go to sleep. And that is with taking some Melatonin and Xanax. I took some Dayquil around 10:30pm, figuring it was too late to take the Nyquil since we have to pick Kat up between 8:30-9am. She went on a field trip with the Girl Scouts to a sleepover at the Magic House. I don't know if I am just awake because of this head cold and sinus pressure or just because, but it's really frustrating. I am thankful that I don't have to go to work tomorrow though. And I am thankful that I've gone from most nights being this way to only an occasional sleepless night. I still don't stay asleep throughout the night but at least most days I can fall asleep within 30 minutes to an hour. The kids will be up in 3 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you, I normally have a hard time sleeping at night as well , and I can never really deeply sleep at all hopefully it passes =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it passing anytime soon as it's been going on for years. :) Oh well. I use Melatonin at night to help me stay asleep and once I fall asleep it seems to work pretty well. Last night I took Nyquil before it was too late so at least I got some sleep...almost 8 hours, even if it wasn't completely restful. The Melatonin does keep me from waking up and staying awake frustrated that I can't go back to sleep though-at least now when I wake up (because I still do) I can fairly easily lull myself back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete