Friday, July 18, 2008

Ahh...Scrabble

I played Scrabble, the REAL Scrabble tonight, with a REAL board and REAL little wooden pieces with letters, with REAL people next to me, at a REAL table. And as if that weren't fun enough, I WON too!

I decided that I would start blogging through this site again, so that my family can easily access (and comment on) my blog without having to have a Myspace or Facebook account. I tried to log in to my old blogger account but couldn't remember my email address or password that I had used that long ago. So here I am, starting anew.

I am tired. I am always tired lately. Work is extremely busy right now-our largest client is in their busy season, therefore we are in our busy season! I will get a bit of a vacation next week though. Katherine and I are gearing up for a mother/daughter trip to Chicago. Some girls Katherine went to school with last year invited us and I gave up my PC conference (which is going on RIGHT NOW) to take her. We will be going to a "Mommy and Me" event at The American Girl store. I bought Katherine the Kit Kittredge Collector's book that has all of Kit's books in it and she has already read the first two books. I just gave it to her last Saturday! Let me just say that the movie Kit Kittredge that is out in theatres right now was GREAT! I am anxious about getting to know the three mothers going on the trip that I have barely spoken to and am hoping that it does not take me long to warm up to them and 'fit in'. So I am only working Monday and Tuesday of next week. I hope that my work doesn't fall TOO far behind while I am gone. This is how I think. I am already worried about how my absence will affect my work. So sad...

I REALLY want to see the movie "Mamma Mia". I am trying to work something out with my friend Faith this weekend where we watch her daughter and in return she watches my FOUR kids. It isn't really a fair 'trade' but it does get both of us some time without the kids. Since Kris has spent half of the summer working evenings I feel like we very rarely have any quality time alone together. I can't wait until the summer is over, the kids are back in school, and we are back to a semi-normal schedule.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! I can't wait until school is back in session and I am hopefully working in one!

    ReplyDelete