Saturday, February 25, 2006

I feel surprisingly calm considering everything that still needs to be done before the show tomorrow. I'm trying to get the basement picked up, since we are doing the show down there, crickets and all!

The same day that I wrote nothing was new with Kris we had to go to the emergency room...he had some sort of spider bite or something that looked infected. We took Kaleb too for a suspicious infected-looking bite on his arm too. Both were prescribed antibiotics. We need to 'bomb' the house. Kris wanted to do it Sunday evening...but with everything involved in covering stuff and putting things away....well, that's just too much for me to handle right now. So it will have to wait a couple more weeks.

The surgeon said that I have gall stones and the gall bladder is inflamed. So it will be removed. This next Thursday actually--March 2. I wanted to do it sooner than later, so that I am recovered to do shows during the last half of the month.

I'm still excited about the show tomorrow. 8 people have said they were coming--hopefully no one will get sick or have to 'back out' last minute. If they do, oh well...God is in control. His hand will be in this and if it is meant to be successful then it will be. I am confident that the entire thing will go well though. I am now up to $300 in outside orders, so whoever ends up getting the free product value from the show should be quite pleased with the final amount that they will get to spend. So far, the free product value total is $25. It can only go up from there!

A friend of mine told me recently that this gall bladder surgery would be guaranteed weight loss. Yippee! I needed a jumpstart to lose those last 10-20 pounds I want to lose. It is so incredibly strange going to the store and trying on clothes now. I am amazed every single time I put on something that is a size 10 and it fits with a little room to spare! God has been so good to me in this area! It has done wonders for my confidence and view of myself. Granted, I should have been content and sought God to tell me that I am beautiful to him...but when you are 50 lbs overweight, it is a very difficult thing to try to love yourself. Don't get me wrong...I have not done a complete turn around. I still have my moments...but God has done a good work in me in that regard. My whole attitude about myself is defintely more positive. Partly I think it is because Kris is much more vocal now, in complimenting me. That is a HUGE help!

Well...I feel distracted...I really should get back to work. If I just get busy I can get the house in order within a couple of hours and then spend the rest of the day focusing on preparing for the show. I've got the main thing layed out and know what I am wanting to say...now I just need to really focus and make sure that I can 'show and tell' at the same time. By they way...I didn't mention that I have an entire day, in my house, with absolutely nobody here. Kris took the kids to his mom's. I asked when he would be back and he said 'late'. So I really shouldn't have trouble getting things done. I'll get to it and get over this momentary lack of motivation--I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment