Monday, August 23, 2004

Well, Katherine's first day of school is officially over. I was so happy to see her again. When we walked into her classroom there was one other boy in there with her--all the other students had left already. And Miss Donna (her teacher, of course) was reading a story to them and Katherine was just sitting there cross-legged listening with her backpack on, waiting to go. I looked inside her backpack and there was a folder in there she had decorated with stickers and inside was this form to fill out, so the teachers and students could get to know her better. I asked Katherine all of the questions and then just put her answers down. I have to share two of them in particular.



There were 2 statements she had to complete: It makes me happy when... and It makes me sad when...



These were Katherine's answer...word for word.



It makes me happy when Kaleb and Abbey and you and Mommy give me a hug and a kiss.



It makes me sad when I have to try to go potty when I don't need to go potty.



I laughed and laughed. It was so cute and funny. That's Katherine for sure!! I'm so proud of her. Right now Kris is making her tell him what she did at school while he videos her. She really had good time and Miss Donna said that she did very well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment