Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bridge Night

I've come to love Thursday nights. We have started playing Bridge again on Thursday nights with the people that taught us to love this great game! We're gearing up for the St. Louis Regional Tournament-polishing up our skills so we don't look like idiots at the tournament. For anyone of you who were reading my blog this time last year, this is the same tournament at which Kris and I earned our first (partial) Master Point! It was a very exciting time for us. Make fun if you will, but if you don't play the game, know that you are truly missing out! Here are some Bridge quotes I found that I really liked-note-you probably won't 'get' them unless you play the game:

"The real test of a bridge player isn't in keeping out of trouble, but in escaping once he's in."

"If you have the slightest touch of masochism you'll love this game."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

"We had a partnership misunderstanding. My partner assumed I knew what I was doing."

"We play forcing hesitations."

No comments:

Post a Comment