Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Little Bishops Recap

I'm torn when it comes to this blog.  In general, my writing has been infrequent and inconsistent.  It is partly due to working on a computer all day.  It's partly that I feel exhausted when I get home from work.  I know this might shock you, but scanning papers and typing on a computer all day long is less than glamorous.

It's difficult to keep up with two blogs also.  I have trouble writing consistently on Loving When It Hurts, which is where my passion lies.  And then, at the same time, I have hilarious conversations with the kids, and I think "When was the last time I shared those with you?"

So, while I can't promise that I will write every day, or more than once or twice a month, I still feel like I should keep writing here.  I want a place to share my kids' lives, the crazy things I do, see or hear, and to talk about my book.

What is the status of your book you ask?

Well, it has a title still.  It's called "Saving Jacob."  I'm in the process of editing it.  I was stuck for a while, trying to rewrite a scene where the main character's mother and sister die.  I finally found a way out of it and I am working towards resolving that scene.  I hope that I will breeze through the rest and be able to pull it all together.  Before April 1.

What's on April 1 you ask?

Camp NaNoWriMo begins.  A chance to write another novel in a month.

Challenge accepted!

But I really, really want to finish my first book first.  I have my first review.  I gave a few chapters to a dear friend to read.  This is what she had to say, reading the beginning chapters in the book:

"So far I'm bawling my eyes out.  It's great!!!  I'm very eager to find out what happen."
Thanks for your kind words, and for reading through the first draft.  Now comes the hard part!  Completing the editing process and sending off for my 5 free copies, so I can lend them out and let you decide what you think of my first work of fiction.

For now, I'll leave you with some funny comments that have taken place over the last couple weeks.  I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.

Facebook status: Katherine is threatening to throw up...she knows how I feel about vomiting.

One friend said I should ground her.  I thought that was hilarious.

Facebook status:  I like school days better, when the kids get themselves ready and out the door w/o me.  C'mon!  This parenting thing is annoying sometimes!

Abbey responded with "Very mean.  I loathe school days because it's tiring.  If you don't want to drive us to grandma's why don't you leave us alone and let us sleep."

She has been using the word "loathe" a lot.  Primarily due to the fact that she has been listening to Wicked and Shrek soundtracks, and loves "What Is This Feeling" from Wicked.  Yesterday she sent me a message on Facebook that said this:




That kid cracks me up!

Olivia hasn't been without her funny comments either.

"I don't like soda or bacon so I must be adopted."

Then, I had to sum up what happened at the Y the other night,  "I played a game at the pool with Olivia Bishop, who is a CHEATER and kept making up new rules (like time outs for those who weren't winning)! She said she was using her second cheat (I didn't know she had a first!). I said "Do I get a cheat?" She said that only the winner got cheats and I should have used mine in the beginning when I won the first race. :/ 
Something fishy is going on here..."
 More funny musings:  ""Babies' toes are so tiny when they are in their mommy's bellies. And when they're growing to a regular baby."

Katherine, the girl is becoming more of a brat, and more like her mother, isn't without witty, sarcastic comments.  The other night she said, ""It's really funny to have two people who want to be in control of everything. Kaleb can't be in control because Mommy wants to be.""

Kaleb just rolls his eyes most of the time and acts like he doesn't really want to be a part of every day life.  I think that pre-teen-leave-me-alone-mindset has already settled in on him.  He's funny and witty too, but those moments are few and far between.  But the talks I have with him at night, when we have time, and we are praying are pretty great.  One night he said, "You are a really good prayer.  You pray almost as good as Mammaw and Pappaw!"

I make no promises for how often I'll post here, and I don't even know if you are still following me here.  Obviously my life has been changing and marriage-related posts go on Loving When It Hurts now.  I'm struggling with the direction this blog should take.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment